LIFASA automatic capacitor banks are used for centralized compensation of power factor in low voltage installations.
These equipments are supplied completely assembled and ready for use: it is only necessary to connect it to the mains with cables of adequate cross section, and to supply the operation signal from a suitable current transformer.
LIFASA automatic capacitor banks are composed of the following elements:
- High rupturing capacity (HRC) fuses connected to a busbar system.
- Contactors specially adapted to the work with capacitors.
- Inrush current limiting inductances.
- Fast discharge resistors.
- Low losses power capacitors.
- Reactive power controllers.
- Terminals for neutral and ground conductors.
- Metal cabinet containing all the switchgear.
- Equipments wired and tested at works, full finished and supplied with all control and safety devices.
- Easy transportation and installation due to their light weigh.
- Easy selection of the most appropriate cos φ to avoid penalty charges on tariffs.
- Long life and high reliability, thank to the use of self-healing and low losses capacitors.
- Wide range of power (from 5 to 1600 kvar, 440 V) with standard equipments for immediate delivery.
- Option of including various accessories.
On request, automatic capacitor banks can be produced to customers special requirements. Among the different possibilities are the following:
- Other voltages and frequencies.
- Capacitor banks with different degrees of protection.
- Capacitor banks for outdoor installation.
- Working program 1:2:4:4:, 1:2:4:8:, 1:1:2:2:.
- Fixed step (for transformer compensation).
- Higher powers than the above stated.