Automatic high voltage capacitors bank
Automatic HV capacitor banks are designed for applications where HV network power levels are variable. This type of equipment, with a number of steps usually between 2 and 4 to avoid consequent phenomena in the installation of the connection and disconnection of the capacitors in the electrical network, is controlled by a controller type MCX, which timers and regulates the entry of the steps according to load levels, taking into account the waiting times of HV itself, which between consecutive connections is 600 s., this time can be reduced to less than 10 s. if we install fast discharge T.P.
These equipments are equipped with:
- Metallic Enclosure.
- APR fuses with fusion indicator (depending on mains voltage).
- Vacuum or SF6 contactor / SF6 circuit breaker (depending on mains voltage).
- Reactances for limiting the switching currents.
- Three-phase or single-phase HV capacitors LIFASA equipped with internal fuses (depending on the mains voltage).
- Control panel including reactive power controller, signals and maneuvers.